Can Birth Injury Compensation Cover Psychological and Behavioral Therapy?

In many cases, a child left with cerebral palsy after a birth injury may have a childhood full of frustrations and developmental confusion. For many of these children, parents may want to consider sending their child to a behavioral therapist or a psychiatrist. These treatment options can help children establish ways to overcome their disabilities and express themselves appropriately in times of frustration. However, the cost of these treatments can prove prohibitive for many families.

If your child was injured by a doctor or nurse at birth, there may be the option of pursuing financial compensation for the treatment costs, including psychological or behavioral therapy, associated with their cerebral palsy. For additional information regarding your compensation opportunities, contact a cerebral palsy attorney of the Driscoll Firm, today by calling (800) 900-7704.

Treating Emotional Concerns

While physical disabilities associated with cerebral palsy may prove the most difficult to overcome, the disability can put an incredible strain on a child during important developmental years. This stress and frustration can alter their behavior, as it can be difficult for many children to adequately express themselves at such a young age. Therapy can be very beneficial in mitigating these issues however. Thus, many families with a child who has cerebral palsy may seek compensation for the following:

  • Therapy from a behavior specialist
  • Therapy from a child psychiatrist
  • Medication that could improve a child’s behavioral development
  • Mechanical aids that could alleviate certain frustrations

With the support of these and other psychological or behavioral therapies, a child with cerebral palsy may be able to significantly improve their quality of life.

Contact Us

Cerebral palsy can make otherwise common developmental milestones difficult for many children, often creating a large amount of stress for these children that can affect their behavior. However, compensation may be available to cover the cost of behavioral therapy or the assistance of a child psychiatrist. To learn more about your legal options if your child has suffered because of a birth injury, contact a cerebral palsy lawyer of the Driscoll Firm, at (800) 900-7704 today.

Free Evaluation

No fees until you collect. Complete the form below to receive a free evaluation.

Se Habla Espanol